Monday, September 17, 2007

Darfur Documentary




"The haunting documentary "The Devil Came on Horseback" tells two intertwined stories - of the ongoing genocide in Sudan's Darfur region and an ex-Marine's progression from observer to activist. Capt. Brian Steidle had just left the U.S. Marine Corps in 2003 and was looking for a job. He found a job on the internet by the African Union, and was to monitor the cease-fire in the 20-year civil war in the Sudan. What he saw was a genocide in progress."
The film, "The Devil Came on Horseback" just opened this past week in Salt Lake City. This past Winter I met and photographed Brian Steidle up in Park City, as well as supporter, Mia Farrow.



3 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm so glad you posted this. I think everyone needs to see this film and get involved. I was so impressed with Brian Steidle.

Auntie Char said...

I love this new blog by Paul, it is totally awesome. I look forward to reading and learning from it often!

Adam's Family said...

Uncle E Pablo- Love the pictures, I'm thinking of stealing them for my blog they're so beautiful! (kidding) I need to have you take some of my kids...we'll be in touch. - Jen